CAD software with design automation plus toolsets, web, and mobile apps
What is AutoCAD?
AutoCAD® is computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers, and construction professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings.
- Draft, annotate, and design 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces, and mesh objects
- Automate tasks such as comparing drawings, counting, adding blocks, creating schedules, and more
- Customize with add-on apps and APIs
Save time with the specialized toolsets
AutoCAD® includes industry-specific features and libraries for architecture, mechanical design, electrical design, and more.
Complete design tasks in a fraction of the time. Automate common actions such as inserting doors, generating bills of materials, and creating PLC I/O drawings. Access over 750,000 intelligent objects and parts with industry libraries.
Adds features for architectural drawing, documentation, and schedules, and for automating drafting tasks.
- Create floor plans, sections, elevations, and other building design drawings using specialized tools.
- Additional features include walls, doors, and windows.
- Use 8,500+ intelligent architectural objects and styles to support AIA 2nd edition, BS1192 DIN 276, ISYBAU Long Format, ISYBAU Short Format, and STLB layer standards.
Adds features to help you draft, design, and document MEP building systems in an AutoCAD environment.
- Create accurate construction documentation of MEP systems design.
- Use task-based tools to create MEP drawings for building systems.
- Use 10,500+ intelligent MEP objects to support AIA 2nd edition, BS1192 Descriptive, and BS1192 – AUG Version 2 standards, and DIN 276, ISYBAU Long Format, ISYBAU Short Format, and STLB layer standards.
Raster Design Toolset
Adds raster-to-vector tools to help you convert raster images into DWG™ objects. Edit scanned drawings in a familiar AutoCAD environment.
- Despeckle, bias, mirror, and touch up your images.
- Use standard AutoCAD commands on raster regions and primitives. Easily erase raster images, lines, arcs, and circles.
- Create lines and polylines from raster images, and convert raster files into vector drawings.
- Show and analyze geo images in Civil 3D civil engineering software and the Map 3D toolset.
Map 3D Toolset
Incorporate GIS topology with AutoCAD so you can use and maintain CAD and GIS data for planning, design, and data management.
- Create, maintain, and communicate mapping and GIS information within the AutoCAD drawing environment.
- Use task-based tools to manage GIS data and aggregate it with design data.
- Access spatial data stored in files, databases, and web services.
- Use standard data schema, automated business workflows, and report templates for Electric North America, Electric Europe, Water, Wastewater, and Gas industries.
Adds a library of standards-based parts and tools to help you create, modify, and document mechanical designs for manufacturing.
- Automate mechanical engineering tasks, such as generating machine components, dimensioning, and creating bills of material.
- Create parts, assemblies, and other drawings for product design using specialized tools.
- Use 700,000+ intelligent manufacturing parts, features, and symbols to support ISO, ANSI, DIN, JIS, BSI, CSN, and GB standards.
Adds electrical design features to help you create, modify, and document electrical controls systems.
- Create panel layouts, schematic diagrams, and other electrical drawings using specialized tools.
- Use consistent project standards with drawings organized in a project-based structure.
- Includes a library of 65,000+ intelligent electrical symbols to support AS, GB, IEC, IEC-60617, JIC, JIS, NFPA, and IEEE standards.
Plant 3D Toolset
Adds features to help you produce P&IDs, and then integrate them into a 3D plant design model.
- Generate and share isometrics, orthographics, and materials reports.
- Create schematic diagrams, plant layouts, and other drawings for plant design using specialized tools.
- Includes a library of 400+ intelligent plant objects such as equipment templates, support templates, and structural members to support 40 standards, including ANSI and DIN.
System Requirements For AutoCAD
|Operating System||64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10. See Autodesk’s Product Support Lifecycle for support information.|
|Processor||Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor|
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
|Memory||Basic: 8 GB|
Recommended: 16 GB
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:|
1920 x 1080 with True Color
High Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10 (with capable display card)
|Display Card||Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant|
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 12 compliant
|Disk Space||10.0 GB|
|Network||See Autodesk Network License Manager for Windows|
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework version 4.8 or later|
|Operating System||Apple® macOS® Big Sur v11|
Apple macOS Catalina v10.15
Apple macOS Mojave v10.14
|Model||Basic: Apple Mac Pro® 4.1, MacBook Pro 5.1, iMac® 8.1, Mac mini® 3.1, MacBook Air®, MacBook® 5.1|
Recommended: Apple Mac® models supporting Metal Graphics Engine
Apple Mac models with M series chip are supported under Rosetta 2 mode.
|CPU Type||64-bit Intel CPU|
Recommended: Intel Core i7 or higher
Recommended: 8GB or higher
|Display Resolution||Basic: 1280 x 800 display|
High Resolution: 2880 x 1800 with Retina Display
|Disk Space||4 GB free disk space for download and installation|
|Pointing Device||Apple-compliant Mouse, Apple-compliant Trackpad, Microsoft-compliant mouse|
|Display Card||Recommended: Mac native installed graphics cards|
|Disk Format||APFS, APFS(Encrypted), Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted)|
|Memory||8 GB RAM or more|
|Disk Space||6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements|
|Display Card||3840 x 2160 (4K) or greater True Color video display adapter; 4G VRAM or greater; Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater; DirectX-capable workstation class graphics card.|
Specialized Toolsets (Windows Only)
|AutoCAD Map 3D||Disk Space: 20GB|
Database & FDO Requirements (see below)
|AutoCAD Electrical||Disk Space: 20GB|
Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable (x64) (16.0.5044.1000) or later
|AutoCAD Architecture||Disk Space: 20GB|
|AutoCAD MEP||Disk Space: 21GB|
|AutoCAD Plant 3D||Disk Space: 12GB|
|AutoCAD Mechanical||Disk Space: 12GB|
|AutoCAD Raster Design||Disk Space: 1GB|